Qualifications & Procedures of Foreigners to Apply Thai Nationality
Requesting Thai nationality of foreigners advice on applying for naturalization as a Thai from
the guidelines for considering naturalization as Thai which the Minister of Interior has as follows
approved on July 9, 2001. The qualifications of applicants for naturalization as Thai.
1. Reassurances under Thai law and laws that the person has nationality.
2. Having good behavior by having to conduct a criminal background check, investigate the
circumstances Political, narcotics, national security and arrest warrant abroad.
3. There is a career as evidence (must have a certificate of occupation from the alien labor force or
provincial labor And must have income not lower than the specified criteria) as follows.
3.1 In the case of entering to work, the income must be at least 80,000 baht per month with
certificate of income from a company or employer that works or pay income tax individuals in the
year of applying for naturalization since 100,000 baht or more and have evidence of tax payment for
at least 3 years
3.2 In the case of living in the Kingdom of Thailand for humanitarian reasons such as marriage to a
person with Thai nationality or having a child born in Thailand Or graduated at the level higher
education within Thailand must have a minimum income of 30,000 baht per month and has evidence
of tax payment proofed for not less than 3 years.
4. Continued domicile in the Thai Kingdom until the date of submission of the application for
naturalization as Thailand not less than 5 years from the receipt of the resident certificate or alien
identification card or there is evidence of the registration of people who have confirmed that they
are continuously domiciled in the Kingdom of Thailand has been no less than 5 years.
5. There is a language of Thai language as specified in the ministerial regulations (speaking and
listening to Thai language can be understood) and will have to sing the Thai national anthem and
praise the Buddha and must has been interviewed.
5.1 In the case that the applicant is domiciled in Bangkok, pass the interview from the working group
to consider scrutinize naturalization requests to be Thai Nationality.
5.2 In the case that the applicant is domiciled in other provinces through interviews from the board
assigned level to provincial people which the governor or deputy governor Received province. The
head of the relevant government agency and the provincial police officer is the secretary.
6. The applicant must pass the scoring criteria all together not less than 50 points
therefore, will be considered.
7. When the applicant is allowed to be naturalized as Thai citizenship then Ministry of Interior will
inform the Ministry of Foreign Affairs proceeds shall notify to the applicant's country regarding to
the acquisition of such Thai nationality.
Evidence required applying for naturalization as a Thai
1. Alien identification card of the applicant (photocopy every page with 5 records)
2. Certificate of residence of the applicant (15 copies)
3. Work permits (1 photocopy)
4. Photo size 2 * 2 inches (male wearing a tie or dress royal Women dress polite
5. Copy of house registration, consisting of the applicant's wife or husband and requesting a child (if
any)(5 copies of documents) (applicant, husband or wife and children, if any)
6. Copy of the applicant's marriage certificate if it is a foreign language; translate it into Thai for the
institution also certified translation.
7. Proof of deposit from the bank Or certificate of deposit from the bank
(Should not be less than 80,000 baht)
8. Proof of charity donation (not less than 5,000 baht)
9. Proof of normal corporate income tax for the applicant for the past 3 years for the Revenue
Department to certify true copies.
10. Evidence of the company, the shop where the applicant works, such as the trade registration
Commercial Registration, Registration Certificate Shareholder account VAT (Por Kor. 20) and others.
(1 copy each)
11. Corporate tax (PND 50) for the past 3 years reversibly (in case the applicant has shares in the company)
12. Work certificate indicating location and salary rates issued by the company, department,
Partnership where the applicant is working and signed by the authorized signatory and the seal is
13. Copy of birth certificate Or identification card or alien identification card of the spouse
and of all children If the name-surname is changed to include all documents.
14. Proof of education of the applicant and of all children (if in a foreign language, also translated into Thai)
15. Copy of identification card and the house registration of the guarantor (2 certifications, 1 personeach)
16. Passport of the applicant (1 photocopy)
17. Certifying letter of legal age of the original country of the applicant has nationality on the date of
submission must present the original document as well. The applicant must submit the request by
By bringing the guarantor to interrogate with 2 witnesses and there must be prepared a fee for filing
an application in the amount of 5,000 baht (five thousand baht only).
Requesting Thai nationality of foreigners in naturalization as Thai Nationality Procedures.
Qualifications of naturalization as Thai Nationality
1. At least 40 years of age, if lower than that, must have other reasons, such as having a wife who is
Thai nationality, having a child born in Thailand or being a university student or a college with a
bachelor's degree education (if open university must have accumulated 15 credits or more)
2. Never have a history of punishment Except for negligence or misdemeanor but not more than 2 times
3. Do not concentrate on the original nationality.
4. Conducting charity and public interest
5. Work as a proof and have a monthly income of 5,000 baht or more.
6. Being domiciled in Thailand continuously for at least 10 years or domiciled continuously for 5
years or more, but must have other reasons, consisting of in accordance with Article 1
7. Speak and listen to Thai language, comprehended.
Evidence of the application for conversion to Thai nationality
1. Copy of house registration for the whole family There is 1 set of names, standing requests, wives
2. Photo of the applicant standing in the size of 2 inches and a half, number 12, male form, universal
dress Or royal dress for women, dressed politely
3. Copy of income tax receipt, PND 90 or 91 or withholding tax certificate under Section 50 bis of the
Revenue Code (3 years back)
4. Receipts or certificates of donations that have been donated to various public benefit charities
5. Tuition receipts or certificate of child's education or a copy of the certificate Or 1 set of children
6. Copy of birth certificate of the child or a copy of the child's identity card, front-back and a copy of
the name change document, the child's family name (if any), 1 set each.
7. A copy of the marriage certificate (Kor. 3) 1 set (in the case of having a wife who is Thai
nationality) must register marriage before submitting an application).
8. Copy of commercial registration or commercial registration certificate Or a certificate of
registration of a partnership or company in the amount of 1 set.
9. Copy of the corporate income tax receipt or a copy of the trade tax receipt after 3 years (if any)
10. Certificate of bank deposit Or a copy of the bank account with the name of the bank and the
page with the last deposited.
11. Work certificate and salary received (By making a letter to the Inspector of the 1st Division,
Division 3 of the Special Branch) along with a copy of the trade registration certificate Commercial
registration, registration certificate Partnership or company (the signer must be authorized to bind
to that establishment)
12. Copy of work permit 1 set, pages 2-3-4-5 and other pages listed By work permit, position,
occupation or profession, nature of work, area that is allowed the name of the employer or place of
work there must match to the current occupation.
13. Two certified Thai nationals to confirm the securities and the behavior of the applicant
14. Copy of wife's ID card in front of 1 set
15. Copy of alien identification card, every page has 1 set of records
16. 1 copy of the front-end of the certificate
17. Application submission date must bring the original evidence to the authorities as well.
1. The applicant which is domiciled in Bangkok, submit an application to the commander of the
2. The applicant which is domiciled in other provinces, submitting an application to the Provincial
Police Chief / Provincial Police Director.
• Request for naturalization as a Thai 5,000 baht per time
• Request for naturalization as a Thai for children who are not under the age of A
naturalization of Thai people, 2,500 baht per time
• Important books of naturalization as Thai, 500 baht per issue
• Substitution of important documents, naturalization as Thai, 500 baht per issue
• Request to return Thai nationality 1,000 baht per time
• Other requests 5 baht each
Things should know
If the father is Thai Mothers are aliens and do not register for marriage. Children born outside the
Kingdom Children will receive Thai nationality. Because the father is based on the truth, but the
Supreme Court in 560/2543 has laid down that in this case, the child will not acquire Thai nationality
by birth because it shall be a legitimate father.
Thai people who are naturalized as aliens will lose Thai nationality but this will be effective only
when it is published in the Government Gazette therefore, the Minister of Interior shall ask the
embassy himself to send the name of the Thai people who converted to the Interior to declare their
nationality in the Government Gazette.
The renunciation of Thai citizenship must be done at the age of 20 years and due to renunciation of
nationality is a unique matter then the others cannot file a petition to renounce their citizenship.
Children with two nationalities because their Thai mothers are married to foreigners and living in
aboard in which there must be enlisted and by the age of 18, he must present himself to the military
Obtaining a retrospective nationality is the Nationality Act, 1965, allows people to obtain Thai
citizenship in a limited manner. later, when the amendment was made in 1992, the opportunity for
people to receive Thai citizenship more and more, including those born before February 26, 1992,
which is the date of the Act therefore, the person who was born before February 26, 1992 and not
Thai nationality at the time of birth then he will be received Thai nationality backward.
The person who has the right to be Thai nationality shall be notified of birth at the age of more than
20 years and can be born to his embassy because of there is no prohibition in any circumstances and
there is not considered to be held a nationality selection.
: For more any further in any questions for Qualifications & Procedures of Foreigners to Apply Thai
Nationality please contact MVP International Law Office to our:
Mobile: 081-714-6600,084-274-9359 or