AANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING ACT B.E. 2542 (1999).
The Anti-Money Laundering Office (AMLO), is set to eliminate the Corruptions responsible for enforcement of the anti-money laundering and the counter-terrorism financing law. It was founded in 1999 upon the adoption of the Anti-Money Laundering Act, B.E. 2542 (1999) (AMLA). AMLO is an independent governmental agency. It has the status of a department functioning independently and neutrally under the supervision of the minister of justice, but is not part of the justice ministry.(1)
(1) Relating to narcotics under the law on narcotics control or the law on measures for the suppression of offenders in offenses relating to narcotics;
(2) relating to sexuality under the Penal Code only in respect of procuring, seducing or taking away for an indecent act a woman and a child for sexual gratification of others, offense of taking away a child and a minor, offense under the law on measures for the prevention and suppression of women and children trading or offense under the law on prevention and suppression of prostitution only in respect of procuring, seducing or taking away such persons for their prostitution, or offense relating to being an owner, supervisor or manager of a prostitution business or establishment or being a controller of prostitutes in a prostitution establishment;
(3) relating to public fraud under the Penal Code or offense under the law on loans of a public fraud nature;
(4) relating to misappropriation or fraud or exertion of an act of violence against assets or dishonest conduct under the law on commercial banking, the law on the operation of finance, securities and credit fancier businesses or the law on securities and stock exchange committed by a manager, director or any person responsible for or interested in the operation of such financial institutions;
(5) relating to malfeasance in office or malfeasance in judicial office under the Penal Code, offense under the law on offenses of officials in State organizations or agencies or offense of malfeasance in office or corruption under other laws;
(6) relating to extortion or blackmail committed by claiming an influence of a secret society or criminal association under the Penal Code;
(7) relating to smuggling under the customs law;
(8) relating to terrorism under the Penal Code;
(9) relating to gambling under the law on gambling, limited to offenses relating to being an organizer of a gambling activity without permission and there are more than one hundred players or gamblers at one time, or the total amount of money involved exceeds ten million Baht.
(10) offense relating to being a member of a racketeering group under the Penal Code or participating in an organized criminal group which constitutes an offense under relevant laws;
(11) offense relating to receiving stolen property under the Penal Code only as it constitutes assisting in selling, buying, pawning or receiving in any way property obtained from the commission of an offense with a nature of business conduct;
(12) offense relating to counterfeiting or alteration of currencies, seal, stamp and ticket under the Penal Code with a nature of business conduct;
(13) offence relating to trading under the Penal Code only where it is associated with the counterfeiting or violating the intellectual property rights to goods or the commission of an offense under the laws on the protection of intellectual property rights with a nature of business conduct;
(14) offense relating to forging a document of right, electronic cards or passports under the Penal Code with a nature of regular or business conduct;
(15) offence relating to the unlawful use, holding, or possessing of natural resources or a process for illegal exploitation of natural resources with a nature of business conduct;
(16) offence relating to murder or grievous bodily injury under the Penal Code which leads to the acquisition of assets;
(17) offence relating to restraining or confining a person under the Penal Code only where it is to demand or obtain benefits or to negotiate for any benefits;
(18) offence relating to theft, extortion, blackmailing, robbery, gang-robbery, fraud or misappropriation under the Penal Code with a nature of regular conduct;
(19) offence relating to piracy under the anti-piracy law;
(20) offence relating to unfair securities trading practice under the law on securities and stock exchange;
(21) offence relating to arms or arms equipment which is or may be used in the combat or war under the law on arms control.
“Predicate offense” in Section 53 of Organic Act on the Election of Members of the House of Representatives and the Selection of Senators B.E.2550.
- Offence relating to the Election under the Organic Act on the Election of Members of the House of Representatives and the Selection of Senators
Remark : The enforcement of such Act is in accordance with National Council for Peace and Order Announcement No. 57/2557 re: the Continuing Validity of Certain Organic Laws
“Predicate offense” in Section 22 of Prevention and Suppression of Transnational Organized Crime Involvement Act, B.E. 2556.
- Offence relating to the Involvement in Transnational Organized Crime.
“Predicate offense” in Section 25 of Prevention and Suppression of Terrorism Financing and Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction Act, B.E. 2559
- Offence relating to the Terrorism Financing
- Offence relating to the Financing regarding the Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction
“Predicate offense” in Section 37 Ter of Revenue Code
- Offence relating to Tax Avoidance and Tax Evasion pursuant to the Revenue Code
Scopes of MVP International Law Office , Bangkok Thailand relates to Laundering Money to The Foreigners as follows:
1. Representing as Professional Attorney in Courts.
2. Representing as Professional Attorney in Bail Procedures.
3. Representing as Professional Attorney in Legal Consultant.
Any further of Laundering Money questions please contact : or 6681-714714-6600 24 hrs.
(1) Wikimedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Money_Laundering_Office_(Thailand)